Privacy and Information Collection
This Privacy and Information Collection Policy (the “Policy”) is for the website www.ipulsedesign.com, owned by IPULSE LIMITIED, and governs the privacy of users choosing to use it.
The Policy explains matters concerning user privacy and covers the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and the website owners. Details regarding how the website processes, stores and protects user data and information is set out below.
IPULSE LIMITIED, will manage any personal data collected from or about you in connection with the provision of our services, or related activities such as promoting our practice, marketing or handling job applications.
Personal Information Collection Statement
You will find information as to why your personal data is collected; how it is intended to be used; to whom your personal data may be provided; and how to access, review and correct your personal data in accordance with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) in our Personal Information Collection Statement (“PIC Statement”).
Embedded external content
Articles on this site may include embedded content. Embedded content from other websites acts in exactly the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you make an enquiry
When you contact us (whether directly, via email, telephone or by post) with an enquiry about our design services we will ask you to supply your basic contact details (name, email address, phone number and, where applicable, the company or other person you represent and your job title). We need this information to be able to identify you and deal with your enquiry.
Depending on the type of your enquiry, we may also ask you for further information, such as the circumstances surrounding your enquiry and which design services may be of interest to you. In cases where you are enquiring about a possible position with us, we will ask for your CV and related information.
When you are or become a client
When you (or the company or other person you represent) become a client of IPULSE LIMITED we may collect further personal data from you, if it is relevant and/ or necessary to the professional services we are providing.
Professional or business contacts
If you provide us with your professional or business contact details or other relevant personal data or subscribe to our newsletter via this website, we will use this to keep in touch with you and to share with you information that we believe is, or may become, relevant to our and your business or profession.
Any personal information submitted as part of an application for a job with us will only be used in connection with such application.
Privacy of your data
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose, nor disclose it to nor share it with any third party, without your consent unless we are required to do so by law, or as mentioned below in this section.
Other professionals and other bodies
In the course of providing design services, we may require the services of third parties such as copywriters, photographers or videographers or we may refer you to such third parties. This will require us to share with such third parties your contact details, as well as any further personal data which is relevant to the services they provide.
Data processing services
Some of our data processing services may be supplied by third-party providers who will need to have access to your data for that purpose. We will appoint such third-party suppliers on the basis that they implement the technical and organisational measures necessary to meet the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subjects. We will also ensure that they carry out such processing only on our written instructions, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, as indicated above.
Professional or business contacts
If you have given us your professional or business contact details or other relevant personal data, we may use such data for the purposes of promoting our design services, unless otherwise indicated.
Sharing your data
In order to provide some of our professional services, we may need to share your personal data with one or more third-party providers situated in foreign countries that do not have the same standards of data protection laws. We will only do so with your consent, or where it is necessary for the performance of the contract we have with you. However, we will ensure that contractual and other safeguards are in place so that your personal data is adequately protected, and that enforceable rights and effective legal remedies are available for data subjects.
Retention of data
Should you contact us with an enquiry about our professional services but subsequently not become a client (or the company or other person you represent does not do so), it is our policy to retain your information for the purpose of future marketing.
If you already are or you become a client (or the company or other person you represent is or becomes a client), we normally retain contract information (including personal data) for seven years after the end of the relevant contract or client relationship, or for longer where it is necessary for us to do so to comply with regulatory or other legal obligations, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or where we agree with you to do so. In some cases we may need to retain records indefinitely.
Personal data relating to our professional relationship will be retained for so long as necessary, or until you indicate otherwise to us. We aim to update our contacts’ preferences on a regular basis.
In cases where it is not physically possible to delete certain data (for example, where it is stored on a secure external server), we will take the necessary measures to ensure that it is not available for re-use or disclosure to third parties.
Security over your data
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal data remains confidential and have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We will limit access to those who have a business need to know; they will only process your personal data on our instructions and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights over your data
At any time, you can ask us to provide you with an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have given us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we have about you. We will do although this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Changes to the Policy and PIC Statement
IPULSE LIMITED reserves the right to update this Policy and PIC Statement at any time and will make available an updated version on our website or in writing so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding data, please contact us at [email protected]
© 2022 IPULSE LIMITIED. All rights reserved.
Personal Information Collection Statement
For clients and potential clients
- The purposes for which personal data relating to a client may be used are as follows:
- tailoring design services or related products for clients’ use;
- collection of outstanding fees from clients;
- purposes specifically provided for in any particular service offered by the company;
- purposes directly related to any of the above; and
- marketing the companies own design services and/or related products.
If a client does not want the company to use his, her or its personal data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 4(e) above, he, she or it may write to or email the person named at the end of this statement, indicating his decision and/or return a copy of this statement to that person.
- Data held by the company relating to a client will generally be kept confidential but the company may provide such information for the above purposes to:
- if a client is ever in default of payment of legal fees to the company or otherwise, debt collection agencies; and
- to third party service providers which provide administrative, technology, marketing or other services to the company in relation to its business operations.
The company will not transfer data relating to a client to a third person for that person’s marketing activities.
- In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the “PDPO”) and guidelines issued pursuant thereto, any individual may:
- check whether the company holds data about him/her and may request access to such data;
- request the company to correct any data relating to him/her which are inaccurate;
- request the company to specify its policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the company; and
- request the company to cease using his/her personal data for its marketing purposes.
- In accordance with the terms of the PDPO, the company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- For access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed in writing to us at [email protected]
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this PIC Statement shall limit the rights of clients under the PDPO.
For job applicants
- The personal data provided by you to us as applicants for any vacancies within the company are to be used to assess your suitability for the vacancy and other directly relevant matters with respect to your application.
- You must ensure that all information provided to the company is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Personal data provided which is inaccurate or incomplete may influence the process and outcome of the recruitment.
- It is voluntary for you to provide the personal data requested by us. However, failure to receive the personal data from you may result in the company being unable to process your application and as a result, may result in your application being rejected.
The materials contained on this website (http://www.ipulsedesign.com) are provided for general information purposes only. IPULSE LIMITED (the “Company”) accepts no responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained on this website.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any loss, damage or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, transmission blackout, incorrect data transmission, delay in operation or transmission due to internet traffic or otherwise, computer virus or other harmful items, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of record, caused by your computer or for breach of contract, tortious behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that the company is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users or their parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
The contents of other websites, services, goods or advertisements that may be linked from this website are not maintained or controlled by the company. The company is therefore not responsible for the availability, content or accuracy of other websites, services or goods that may be linked from, or advertised on this website. The company does not:
- make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided on this website;
- guarantee the accuracy, veracity, reliability, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any other websites, services, goods or advertisements that may be linked from this website; or
- make any endorsement, express or implied, of any other websites, services, goods or advertisements that may be liked from this website.
The company is also not responsible for the reliability or continued availability of the telephone lines and equipment you use to access this website. You understand that the company and/or third-party contributors (if any) to this website may choose at any time to inhibit or prohibit their content from being accessed under these terms and conditions.
Under no circumstances including but not limited to negligence shall this website, its suppliers, third party agents, or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing this website be liable to you or for any third party claims or losses of any nature or direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages even if an authorised representative of this website had been advised specifically of the possibility of such damages, arising from use of or inability to use this website or any provision of the terms such as but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits or lost business.